Post by Kamilla Lestrange on Nov 29, 2008 22:55:19 GMT -5
Weekly Staff Meeting One
friday, november 28 ;; seven pm eastern time, four pm pacific
friday, november 28 ;; seven pm eastern time, four pm pacific
present: cait, zee, miranda, morgan, ella
absent: court, kat, cyan, waltz
absent: court, kat, cyan, waltz
On Friday, November 28, the present staff members decided the following:
All changes will be done by January 2, 2009 and will affect all members. Please read. If you do not agree, have suggestions, or genuinely dislike of these changes, please feel free to contact Ella or Cait with questions or comments.
- A new category will be created and titled Ministry Files. This category will categorize characters by house, adult status, and Hogwarts Staff position. Every character will be given a sub board to house their application, Amortentia/relationships/plot page,diary/journal, and grades. The mentioned threads must be created as sticky threads and are mandatory. Photo albums, criminal records, etc. may also be displayed in the sub board. There will also be a sub board to list all censuses.
In the Ministry Files board, there will be a sub board dedicated to just censuses. All special abilities, breeds, Heirs of Voldemort/The Order Resurrected Member Lists, Death Eater/Order of the Phoenix Lists, Female:Male Ratio, House Member Ratio, team/club/organization rosters will be located here. We will also have a yearbook located here that will contain all characters and their affliations.
-Pure Blood Index
In order to maintain accuracy, we will be creating a Pure Blood Index thread and display it in the Census sub board of the Ministry Files Board. The first post of the thread will list all the family names of recorded wizards; this includes pure blood wizardry families, original pure blood wizardry families that have gained special permission, half blood families, and muggle families that have witches and wizards. The index will further explain how the alphabetical list is maintained.
- We will no longer be PM'ing members news and updates. Instead, we will e combining OOC and IC news together and displaying them in the Prophet. Headlines will be displayed in the side bar and there will be links to the Prophet for members to read.
- We will be having a site wide time line that will detail the fall of the Dark Lord, the starting date of Death Eater activity, etc. This will be in Step One of our Guided Applying.
- All information threads will be reformatted and placed in Step One.
- When you post, there is a side bar that displays your display name, avatar, personal text, etc. We will try to reformat this so that special abilities, breeds, and prefects receive badges and animagi, patroni, blood status, alliance, and year are noted.
In Character, Plotting.
- To push the site plot farther, we are holding a sub plotting contest! We ask that all members participate by creating a site wide sub plot to enter anonymously. The staff will narrow the plot options to a certain number and members will be allowed to vote! If certain characters are mentioned, staff members will ask the character's creators.
- Sign ups will now all be grouped in one sub board. In this sub board, there will be one sticky thread where every member will be asked to post in one mass sign up. The code will ask if your character plays Quidditch, if so what position, desires to be a prefect/Head Girl or Boy, has special abilities, has creature blood, the shape of the patroni, particpates in a club or student organization, etc. Adults will have the above but their sign up post will ask if they would like to sponsor a student organization/club or be the head of a house instead of being in student organizations, etc The adult sign up will also ask for the taught class or the name and description of the store. Face claims are separate as is the Pure Blood Index.
Student Clubs and Organizations
Students are permitted to join existing clubs or being their own if they receive admin permission and obtain an adult, in character, sponsor. Meetings will be roleplayed in respective areas; rosters, logs of meetings, and all other information concerning the club/organization will be filed in a sub board for student organizations. Organizations include Warty Hog, Yearbook, and Quidditch. The Warty Hog and the Yearbook require IC and OOC commitment. Existing organizations may not begin role playing until they have at least five members and an adult sponsor.
Once all of the teams are filled, we will start the Quiditch season. The first post of the match will list all weather conditions, final points, outcomes, and also have a quick list of Quidditch rules in case any member forgets. All matches will have two threads; one will be for the Quidditch team, the other for viewers.
Every student, adult, and professor/staff member at MM will have an entry in the yearbook. A picture of the play by will be listed above a quick description of all in character alliances, organizations, clubs, etc.
To increase activity in the Warty Hog, all characters of the months will be interviewed and displayed. The Warty Hog will also house gossip articles and meetings may be roleplayed out as it is a student organization. However, like Yearbook, it will require OOC work.
- All teachers will be required to conduct classes. A roster, grade book, and lesson plans must be created as well.There will be a minimum of four classes per year; all classes will contain all four houses. Each class will be two weeks in real time. The first post must have an attendance log and the lesson plan. Students who did not sign up for the class are not permitted to join; those who are signed up but do not attend are marked absent/hooky. Professors must sticky their grade book, lesson plans, and class roster in their classroom sub board. A description, picture, or video of the classroom or teacher can also be present.
- There are four official alliance groups: Order of the Phoenix, Death Eaters, Heirs of Voldemort, and The Order Resurrected. For roleplaying purposes, a small group of student may be permitted to join the student branches of the Death Eaters and Order. Characters are allowed to be supporters but they may not join or participate in affiliation activities unless invited or listed in the group roster. MM members are allowed to create loyalty groups if they can receive admin permission and have a stable, set member base. Once the original group is created, a leader must be elected (both IC and OOC) and rosters, information threads, etc. must all be created.
Flash Backs Board
- As Hogwarts does not permit electronics, the Internet board will be deleted and replaced with a Flash Backs Board. The board will be separated into the following sub boards: first person, earlier in Hogwarts, past breaks, childhood, ancestors, and future.
- Housing will be in the sign ups sub board but it will be separate. Anyone can apply for a residence; families only need to apply once. A code will be given asking for the residence dwellers and a brief description of them home. All pure blood residences will be listed in Hogsmeade underneath a Residency sub board. All muggle born residences will be listed underneath a residency sub board in the upcoming category, Muggle London. Half blood families can pick where to live.
- An application board will be created and divided into "steps" to "guide" new applicants. The first step will contain all rules and plots. The second step will have all applications, third step will be the sign ups board, and the fourth will be for adults to register for their occupations and gain information pertaining to that.
Welcome and Acceptance PM's
- All newcomers will be sent a Welcome PM welcoming them to the site and informing them of all the admin members and their respective jobs. All profile comment will now be PM'd to the individual account and the application, itself, will only be marked with an acceptance/house placement post.
- New applications are currently being made. They will be the like the former application but formatted to be visible on both dark and light skins. All applications must be copy and pasted again so they can be moved into the Ministry Files sub board; if you cannot or do not wish to copy and paste, please contact an admin member. A few new categories, such as habits and secrets, will be added.
- The staff meeting resulted in a diversity list that includes ghosts, vampires, veelas, giants, werewolves, metamorphmagi, parseltongues, seers, animagi, flyers, legillimency, occlumency, apparition, disapparition, etc. The small numbers allowing these skills do not count canon characters (personal and site wide). All skills must be approved before being requested in the sign ups board. Specific abilities have specific rules; apparition and disapparition does not have a limit but students must be in their seventh year to successfully register and side along cannot be done unless the character is a Hogwarts graduate.
Yellow Pages / Personal Canons
- A new sub board has been added to the Pending Applications board. Personal canons can be family members, premade canon characters, original characters made out of inspiration, important characters for your character history, etc. Threads will divide the canons into students, adults, and staff.
- All advertisements will be redone; a contest will be held to obtain a banner/graphic for the ads.
Blockquote & Size One
- To help make MM look prettier, we will try to auto format text so that all posts will be in size one font and blockquote - d. Admin posts will be double blockquote-d.
- Spell check and word count will be added to the Quick Reply box. Although there is no word count, we ask that all posts are at least a minimum of two decent paragraphs.
- There will be a separate Staff board and it will be divided into the following categories: applications, requests, and suggestions. Those sub boards will be guest friendly and viewable by all members. There will be separate staff sub boards that are viewable by staff only.